The wide range of immigration issues are increasingly relevant to employers of all sizes and within every industry. The combination of our economy’s demand for educated and skilled employees and the demographic changes occurring in our own domestic population has dramatically increased the demand and utilization of immigrants, non-immigrants, and other foreign nationals. At Foulston Siefkin, we can help guide your company and your employees (and families) through the ever-changing maze of immigration laws and regulations to help meet employer and employee needs. We have assisted employers and individuals with employment-based immigrant and non-immigrant petitions, family-based petitions, waiver applications, and change of status applications. In addition, we have advised employers with respect to various work-authorization issues and the avoidance of immigration related discrimination offenses. At Foulston Siefkin we feel that advanced planning is essential to navigate the numerous state and federal agencies (USCIS, DOL, SESA, DOS) in order to successfully implement a comprehensive and effective immigration plan. Our extensive experience in the labor and employment fields allows us to assist businesses in developing immigration compliance programs and basic in-house immigration petition procedures consistent with other employment laws.
For updated news on this topic, visit: KansasEmploymentLawBlog.com.
Areas of Representation
• Visas for specialty occupations (H-1B, L-1 and TN visas)
• Business visitor visas (B visas)
• Changes of nonimmigrant status to other non-immigrant categories
• Student visas and practical training issues and progression to other non-immigrant or immigrant categories (F visas, OPT, STEM)
• Preparation and filing of J waiver applications (Conrad, no-objection, hardship, etc.)
• Preparation and filing of all types of employment-based petitions (I-140) and family-based petitions (I-130)
• Adjustment of status processing (I-485)
• Assisting employers and employees with labor certification issues (PERM)
• Preparation and filing of naturalization petitions (N-400)
• Counseling with respect to employer obligations (E-Verify, SSA, No-match) and sanctions (I-9 programs)
• Assisting with the establishment of corporate immigration policies and audits
• Assisting clients with INS and DOL audits and inspections
• Immigration Reform and Control Act (IRCA)
• Immigration Marriage Fraud Amendments Act (IMFA)
• Illegal Immigration Reform and Immigrant Responsibility Act (IIRIRA)
• Immigration & Nationality Act, section 245(i) (LIFE)
• American Competitiveness in the Twenty-first Century Act (ACWIA)
Aeroflex, Wichita Division
Galichia Medical Group, P.A.
Hall Brothers Construction Company
Hays Medical Center, Inc.
Mercy Regional Health Center
Spirit AeroSystems, Inc.
The Boeing Company
Via Christi Clinic
Via Christi Regional Medical Center, Inc.
E-Verify and the New Federal Contractor Requirements
Foreign student employment